Crabmeat Quiche Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained and flaked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, partially baked
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute green onion and red bell pepper until soft. Stir in crabmeat, and season with salt and pepper. Add wine, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
step 3: In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Whisk in half-and-half, and crab mixture. Pour into pie crust, and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.