Cranberry-Orange Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package Betty Crocker ® Cranberry Orange Quickbread Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped mandarin oranges segments, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts, if desired
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches. Stir quick bread mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended (batter may be slightly lumpy). Gently stir in orange segments. Spread in pan.
step 2: Bake 8-inch pan 30 to 35 minutes, 9-inch pan 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
step 3: For Cream Cheese Frosting: Stir together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon reserved Mandarin Orange liquid until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Frost cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkle with nuts.