Cranberry-Orange Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® golden vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped (do not thaw frozen cranberries)
- Orange Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
step 2: Beat cake mix (dry), pudding mix (dry), water, butter, orange peel and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries. Spread in pan.
step 3: Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
step 4: Serve with warm Orange Butter Sauce.
step 5: Orange Butter Sauce: Mix sugar and flour in 1-quart saucepan. Stir in orange juice. Add butter. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.