Cranberry Chocolate Panini Recipe
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) box NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into pieces
step 1: COMBINE water, yeast in large mixer bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture looks creamy. Add evaporated milk, honey, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add 2 cups flour, a half cup at a time, scraping bowl often. Using wooden spoon, stir in morsels and cranberries. Stir in up to 1 cup of the remaining flour. Dough should stick to the spoon and clean itself from side of bowl.
step 2: TURN dough out onto slightly floured surface. Knead in additional flour to make a slightly stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Place in greased bowl; turn to grease surface. Cover; let rise in warm place for about 1 hour or until double in size.
step 3: PUNCH dough down. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece into 6 x 4-inch rectangle. Place one square chocolate in center and roll up. Fold ends under. Place on greased baking sheet(s). Cover; let rise in warm place for 15 minutes or until double in size.
step 4: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Brush rolls with remaining butter.
step 5: BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on bottom. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.