Cranberry Frost Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
step 1: In a mixing bowl, combine cranberries and sugar and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and secton 1 orange. Finely chop orange sections; set aside. Sqeeze remaining orange to make total of 1/3 cup juice.
step 2: Combine the 1/3 cup orange juice, cream cheese, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Stir in orange sections, cranberries, apple and dates.
step 3: Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold cream into cream cheese mixture.
step 4: Turn mixture into a 5-cup mold, 8x4x2 inch loaf pan, or into about 10 to 12 paper lined muffin pans. Cover and freeze until firm.
step 5: To serve, let stand at room temperature for 10 miutues. Unmold or peel off paper and garnish with orange sections.