Cranberry Gelatin Salad II Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip®)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped
step 1: Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Add enough water to the juice to make 2 cups liquid. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the liquid with the gelatin; stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, and chill until partially set.
step 2: Beat together the cream cheese and salad dressing; add to gelatin mixture and mix. Fold in whipped topping and mix well. Take out 1 1/2 cups of mixture, and reserve. To the remaining mixture add the pineapple, cranberries, nuts, and apples.
step 3: Pour gelatin and fruit mixture into a large dish or bowl, and top with reserved mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.