Cranberry Orange Toasted Bread Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
step 2: COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, vegetable oil and orange peel in small bowl. Add milk mixture and cranberry sauce to flour mixture; stir until just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
step 3: BAKE for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
step 4: SLICE bread; toast. Top with Orange Cream Cheese Spread.
step 5: COMBINE one package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup orange marmalade; refrigerate.