Crawfish Chowder Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 pounds frozen crawfish, cleaned
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
step 1: Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute green onions in butter until tender. Remove from pan, and set aside. In the same skillet, melt 1/2 cup of butter, and saute the crawfish for 5 minutes; set aside.
step 2: In a large pot over medium heat, combine potato soup, mushroom soup, corn, and cream cheese. Mix well, and bring to a slow boil. Stir in half-and-half, sauteed green onions, and crawfish. Season with cayenne pepper. Bring to a low boil, and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.