Crayfish Cornbread Recipe
- 1 pound crawfish, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Saute crawfish, onions, bell peppers, green onions, salt and pepper together until crawfish are cooked; approximately 5 minutes.
step 3: Mix together cornbread mix, tomatoes and egg. Pour cornbread mixture and crawfish mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
step 4: Glaze top of cornbread with butter and sprinkle with cheese. Change the oven's temperature to broil and place the cornbread back in the oven until the cheese has melted, approximately 2 minutes.