Cream Cheese Stuffed Pears Recipe
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pear halves in juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- bottled raspberry sauce or syrup (optional)
step 1: PLACE pear halves, cut side down, on paper towels. Combine cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until smooth. Match pear halves by size. Spread about 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture on cut side of one pear half; press cut side of second pear half into cream cheese. Repeat with remaining pears. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
step 2: HEAT evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in morsels. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
step 3: PLACE pears in pool of raspberry sauce; drizzle with Chocolate Sauce.