Cream Of Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ginger liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Simmer carrots, onions, 1/4 cup liqueur, water, chicken bouillon cubes, and butter or margarine until carrots are tender. Cool slightly.
step 2: Puree carrot mixture in a blender or food processor. Add milk, flour, sugar, and ground ginger.
step 3: Return carrot puree to pot. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup liqueur. Add additional milk for consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in warmed soup bowls, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.