Cream Sauce With Herbs and No Dairy Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free herb and spice blend
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
step 1: Crumble tofu into a blender or food processor. Puree briefly, then add the soy milk, margarine, garlic, nutritional yeast, paprika, dill and spice blend. Process the mixture until it is smooth.
step 2: Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and water, pour into pan with the sauce. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool slightly, adjust flavors to taste and serve over pasta or roasted vegetables.