Cream of Pumpkin Curry Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- sour cream and chopped fresh chives (optional)
step 1: MELT butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt, coriander and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes to develop flavors. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
step 2: TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until creamy. Serve warm or reheat to desired temperature. Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chives.