Creamy Chicken Rice and Veggie Bake Recipe
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion, divided
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 (10.75 ounce) packages chicken flavored rice mix (e.g. Rice A Roni)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 ¼ cups milk
step 1: Preheat oven to broil.
step 2: Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon dried minced onion and oregano. Sprinkle over chicken, coating both sides.
step 3: Place chicken under broiler for 10 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
step 4: In a medium bowl combine rice mix, chicken soup and milk; mix well until lumps are gone. Stir in 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons dried minced onion.
step 5: Take chicken out of oven and remove chicken from pan. Spoon rice mixture into the pan and place chicken on top; cover.
step 6: Reduce oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
step 7: Bake for 30 minutes, or until rice and chicken are cooked through.