Creamy Cranberry Salad Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package red Jell-O® mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 apple with peel, grated
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
step 1: Process cranberries in blender or food processor; pour sugar over cranberries and stir to dissolve.
step 2: Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil; stir in gelatin and let cool. Stir cooled gelatin into cranberries, and add pineapple, orange juice, apple and pecans. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
step 3: Whip cream and beat in cream cheese.
step 4: In a glass serving dish, layer half of the cranberry mixture, then the whipped cream mixture, then the remaining cranberry mixture.