Creamy Curried Shrimp with Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
step 1: Grill the pineapple rings over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes each, or until they have grill marks. Remove from heat and cut each ring into approximately 5 wedges.
step 2: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour in the coconut milk and milk. Continue stirring until thickened. Mix in curry powder, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place shrimp into the mixture.
step 3: Arrange the pineapple wedges on a medium serving platter. Skewer each piece of shrimp with a toothpick, then insert the toothpicks into the pineapple wedges.