Creamy Fruit Soup Recipe
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pears, drained with juices or syrup reserved
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Poire William
- mint sprigs to garnish
step 1: Take out and thinly slice 1 pear half. Reserve to use as garnish.
step 2: In food processor, puree pears with yogurt and lemon juice. Add enough reserved juice or syrup to make a thick soup, up to about 1/2 cup. Add spice and/or liqueur, and process just to blend.
step 3: Pour into bowl, and place in freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerate about 1 hour until chilled. Ladle into shallow soup bowls, and garnish with reserved sliced pear and mint, if desired.