Creamy Mandarin Orange Salad Recipe
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2 heads butter lettuce - rinsed, and torn
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 5 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Prepare the dressing by whisking together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, white pepper and cayenne pepper. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
step 2: Prepare the salad in a large bowl by combining the lettuce, onion, oranges and mushrooms. Add enough dressing to coat and toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add croutons if desired.