Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped portobello mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
step 1: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the shiitake mushrooms, portobello mushrooms, and shallots for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Mix in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
step 2: Stir in the half-and-half, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Heat through, but do not boil.