Creamy Potato Pork Chop Bake Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups French-fried onions, divided
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops and saute until browned. Remove from skillet and drain on paper toweling.
step 2: Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: In a medium bowl mix together soup, milk, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup onions. Mix together and spread mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange pork chops over potato mixture.
step 4: Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Remove cover; top with remaining cheese and onions and bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.