Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Preheat the oven broiler.
step 2: In a bowl, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread the green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion on a baking sheet. Pour the oil and vinegar mixture over the vegetables.
step 3: Broil the vegetables 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly scorched. Remove from heat, and cool.
step 4: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water to cool.
step 5: In a large bowl, toss the vegetables, pasta, and mayonnaise. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve.