Creamy She-Crab Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons crab roe
- 2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
step 1: Fill the bottom of a double boiler halfway with water. Bring to a low boil. Melt butter in top of double boiler, add flour and stir until smooth.
step 2: Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Add onion, mace, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and crab meat with roe. Cook over simmering water for 20 minutes.
step 3: To serve, place 1 tablespoon of warmed sherry in each of 4 or 6 soup bowls (depends on how much soup you want). Ladle soup into bowls, top with a dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with fresh snipped parsley.