Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
step 1: In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve immediately.