Crispy Chicken Wontons Recipe
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Plum or sweet-sour sauce
step 1: In a bowl, combine chicken, carrot and water chestnuts. In another bowl, combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water. Bring opposite points together; pinch to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and oil; brush over wontons.
step 2: Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with plum or sweet-sour sauce.