Crispy Tofu and Bacon Wraps Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 6 large green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 20 mushrooms
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- canola oil for frying
step 1: Place the tofu, yellow onion, green onion, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and bacon in the bowl of a food processor. Season with fish sauce, red wine, parsley, salt, pepper, curry powder, mustard powder, dill, and ginger; puree until smooth.
step 2: Place an egg roll wrapper on your work surface with a corner pointing towards you. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the tofu mixture in between the center and bottom corner of the wrapper. Fold the corner closest to you over the top of the filling, then fold in the left and right sides. Moisten the top corner with a little water, and roll up tightly.
step 3: Heat a few inches of canola oil in a large pot to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the wraps a few at a time until the center has cooked and the outside is golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.