Crispy Vegetable Pakoras Recipe
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1/2 head cauliflower florets
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
step 1: Sift the chickpea flour into a medium bowl. Mix in the coriander, salt, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala and garlic.
step 2: Make a well in the center of the flower. Gradually pour the water into the well and mix to form a thick, smooth batter.
step 3: Over medium high heat in a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 4: Coat the cauliflower and onions in the batter and fry them in small batches until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels before serving.