Crispy Whitefish Marinated Recipe
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup stir-fry sauce
- 8 (6 ounce) fillets whitefish
- 2 cups dry potato flakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 quart oil for frying
step 1: In a bowl, mix the teriyaki sauce and stir-fry sauce. Place the whitefish fillets in the mixture, and marinate for about 15 minutes.
step 2: Heat the oil in a deep fryer or heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
step 3: In a shallow bowl, mix the dry potato flakes, flour, seasoning salt, ancho chile seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place each marinated fish fillet into the mixture to evenly coat.
step 4: Fry the fish in the heated oil, 1 or 2 fillets at a time, until golden brown and easily flaked with a fork, about 5 minutes.