Crumb-Topped Scallops Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 6 fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedges (optional)
step 1: In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter and parsley; set aside.
step 2: Place scallops and mushrooms in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate.
step 3: Combine wine or broth, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over scallop mixture.
step 4: Cover and microwave at 50 percent power for 2 minutes; drain. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Cover and microwave at 50 percent power 4-1/2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque, stirring once. Serve with lemon if desired.