Crumbled-Topped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 2/3 cups NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 (2.1 ounce) bars NESTLE® BUTTERFINGER® Candy Bar, coarsely chopped
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
step 2: MICROWAVE 1 cup peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels and semi-sweet morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
step 3: COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted morsels. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water until smooth. Spread into prepared pan.
step 4: BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle remaining peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels. Let stand 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Sprinkle with Butterfinger(R) pieces. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.