Crunchy Lettuce Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- ⅓ cup toasted and sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup chow mein noodles
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
step 2: In a salad bowl, combine the bacon, lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds, green onions and chow mien noodles; toss and refrigerate.
step 3: In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Shake well and chill for 1 hour.
step 4: Before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss and serve.