Cuban Black Beans II Recipe
- 1 pound black beans, washed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
step 1: Place beans in a large saucepan with enough water to cover, and soak 8 hours, or overnight; drain.
step 2: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and saute onion, green bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
step 3: Into the onion mixture, stir the drained beans, water, tomato paste, pimentos, and vinegar. Season with salt, sugar, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender.