Cuban Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) avocado, diced
- ½ cup red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup canned black beans, drained
- ¾ cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
step 1: Toss the romaine with the onion, avocado, and peppers in a large bowl. Divide among four salad plates. Top each salad with a mound of black beans, some pineapple chunks, and the chopped chicken meat.
step 2: Whisk together the olive oil with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle this dressing over each salad along with a little lime juice.