Cumin-Crusted Beef Steaks with Orange-Olive Relish Recipe
- 4 boneless beef chuck eye or chuck top blade steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- Orange slices and Kalamata olives
step 1: Grate 2 teaspoons orange peel from oranges; reserve oranges. Combine orange peel, cumin and salt in small bowl; remove and reserve 2 teaspoons seasoning for relish.
step 2: Heat ridged grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add pepper to remaining seasoning; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in grill pan; cook chuck eye steaks 9 to 11 minutes (top blade steaks 10 to 12 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
step 3: Meanwhile peel and dice enough reserved oranges to measure 1-1/2 cups. Combine diced oranges, red peppers, olives, onion and reserved 2 teaspoons seasoning in medium bowl; mix well. Serve steaks with relish. Garnish with orange slices and olives.