Curried Squash, Garbanzo Bean, and Potato Stew Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cooked yellow squash
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
step 1: Heat the olive oil and cayenne pepper in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender. Season with curry powder. Pour in the broth, and mix in the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender.
step 2: Mix the squash and cauliflower into the pot, and continue cooking 30 minutes.
step 3: Mash the garbanzo beans with a fork, and mix into the pot. Continue cooking 5 minutes, until heated through. Top with yogurt, and garnish with cilantro to serve.