Curry Fish Stew Recipe
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pint light whipping cream
- 3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, green onions, red chile pepper, and pimentos. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in curry powder, and continue to cook and stir 2 to 5 minutes.
step 2: Blend cream into the onion mixture, and simmer until thickened. Mix in cod, cooking 3 to 5 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.