DB's Seven Pepper Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds beef tip
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced habanero pepper
- 2 pepperoncini, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced pequin chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Brush beef tip with barbeque sauce and grill 5 to 8 minutes on a side, or to desired doneness, brushing frequently with sauce. Set aside.
step 2: In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and bell, habanero, pepperoncini, serrano, cayenne, pequin and jalapeno peppers until onion is translucent. Stir in cumin, paprika, oregano and chili powder and cook until fragrant. Stir in ground beef and cook until brown. Drain.
step 3: Stir in tomato sauce, any remaining barbeque sauce and beans. Cut grilled tip steak into bite sized pieces and stir into chili as well. Continue to cook until thickened and flavors have blended and mixture is thoroughly heated. Thin with water if desired.