Da Beef Lover's Half Time Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1 pound ground beef round
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can spinach, drained
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow roasting pan. Prepare instant rice according to package directions.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together ground sirloin, ground round, egg, chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cooked rice. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
step 3: On clean counter top, arrange sheets of wax paper approximately 1 1/2 feet long by 1 foot wide. Place meat mixture on wax paper, and flatten into a large square, about 1/2 inch thick (the thinner the better). Sprinkle with more garlic powder, then layer with parmesan, spinach, ham, salami and Swiss cheese. Using the wax paper, roll the meat as tightly as possible while removing the wax paper as you go. Tuck the two open ends into the meatloaf itself, and with hands lightly coated in vegetable oil, shape into a loaf. While lifting with the wax paper, transfer to shallow roasting pan, then slide wax paper out from underneath.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.