Daiquiri Chiffon Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups crushed pretzels
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅜ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- lime zest, garnish (optional)
- 2 limes, thinly sliced (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine pretzel crumbs, sugar and butter. Press mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the side of a 9 inch springform pan.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
step 4: To Make Filling: Allow cream cheese to reach room temperature. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine pudding mix and milk, then mix in with cream cheese. Beat in lime juice, rum extract and lime and lemon zest.
step 5: Fold 1/2 of the whipped topping into the mixture, then pour into cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Garnish with remaining whipped topping, lime zest and slices, if desired.