Debra's Tomato Salad Recipe
- 8 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions - cut into wedges and separated
- 2 yellow onions - cut into wedges and separated
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 anchovy filets (optional)
step 1: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, red onions, yellow onions, and cucumbers. Mix together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over tomato mixture, and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
step 2: Arrange lettuce on plates, and place marinated tomato salad on top. Garnish with egg slices and anchovies (optional).