Deep-Dish Peach Custard Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell, 4 cup volume
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, pitted and sliced peaches
- 1 recipe streussel topping, recipe follows
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, chilled
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F.
step 2: ARRANGE peaches in pie shell. Combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Pour over peaches.
step 3: BAKE for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake for additional 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
step 4: FOR STREUSEL TOPPING COMBINE brown sugar, flour and walnuts in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.