Deep Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
step 1: Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
step 2: Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
step 3: Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. (Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if desired.) Frost with One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting.
step 4: To make One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter in medium bowl. Add confectioners' sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Stir in vanilla.