Deep Fried Dill Pickles Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar-based hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- 1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of the flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
step 2: In a separate mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
step 3: Preheat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
step 4: Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and then dredge them in the flour mixture. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste