Deep Fried Oysters Recipe
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces shucked oysters, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
step 1: Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Combine flour, salt and black pepper. Dredge oysters in flour mixture, dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
step 3: Carefully slide oysters into hot oil. Cook five at a time until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.