Delectable Carrot Fritters Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup bearnaise sauce
step 1: In a large bowl, combine flour, milk, shallots, parsley, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and thyme. Gently fold in the carrots; be careful not to overmix. Cover, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
step 2: Heat vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lower the batter by heaping tablespoonful into the hot oil. Do not crowd the fritters, fry only a few at a time. Fry until fritters are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove fritters with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Serve immediately with Bearnaise sauce.