Delicate Tofu in Apricot-Honey Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 4 fresh apricots, peeled, pitted, and pureed
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 1 (12 ounce) package silken tofu - drained, patted dry, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 fresh apricots, pitted and sliced
step 1: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, and stir in the sugar. Cook and stir just until the sugar has melted and is lightly browned. Remove from heat, and continue stirring until caramelized. Mix in the pureed apricots and vanilla. Over low heat, mix in the honey. Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, until thickened.
step 2: Arrange the tofu slices on dessert plates, and drizzle with the sauce. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour, until chilled. Serve with sliced apricots on the side.