Diana's Hawaiian Bread Rolls Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored shortening
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
step 1: Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle for a 2 pound batch; press Start. The dough can be a bit sticky, so you may want to add a little bit more bread flour as it mixes.
step 2: When the dough cycle is complete, turn the risen dough out on a lightly floured surface and divide into twelve equal pieces. Form the pieces into rounds and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown.