Diann's Chili Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 46 fluid ounces tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large soup pot, saute ground beef until brown. Drain excess fat.
step 2: Add celery, onions, green bell peppers, cabbage, kidney beans, vegetable juice, tomato juice, corn, diced tomatoes and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover pot and let simmer about one hour, or until celery is tender. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.