Triple Fruit Pie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie
step 1: In a large bowl, combine fruits and extract; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and salt. Add to fruit; stir gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
step 2: Line a 9-in, pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Stir lemon juice into fruit mixture; spoon into the crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
step 3: Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.