Double-Cheese Meat Loaf Recipe
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground veal
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
step 2: Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, and saute for 3 minutes. Combine the onion, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon mustard, mozzarella, and next 6 ingredients (mozzarella through egg) in a large bowl. Crumble ground meats over cheese mixture; stir just until blended.
step 3: Pack mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine 2 tablespoons ketchup and 1 tablespoon mustard; spread over top of loaf. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Let meat loaf stand in pan 10 minutes.
step 4: Remove meat loaf from pan, and cut into 12 slices.