Double Cherry Pie II Recipe
- 4 cups frozen cherries, thawed
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
step 1: Combine frozen cherries, dried cherries, white sugar, tapioca, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl; mix well. ( It is not necessary to thaw cherries before using. ) Let cherry mixture stand 15 minutes.
step 2: Line a 9 inch pie pan with pastry. Fill with cherry mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Dot with butter or margarine. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for steam to escape.
step 3: Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) about 1 hour, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. If necessary, cover edge of crust with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning.